Sergovic, Carmean & Weidman, P.A. is a Delaware law firm practicing predominantly in the areas of real estate law, civil litigation, land use, estate planning, estate administration, family law, municipal law, guardianships and business law. It is our objective to provide each client with excellent representation, which is both personal to our client and accommodates their needs and desires at competitive rates. The firm’s commitment to Sussex County and the greater Delaware community is evidenced by its involvement in and support of business, civic and charitable organizations in the local community.
What we do
- Real Estate Settlements
- Landlord/Tenant Disputes
- Debt Collections
- Mortgage Foreclosure
- Construction Litigation
- Adult Guardianships
Sergovic, Carmean & Weidman has a demonstrated track record of success with complex litigation and land use cases, including trial court, administrative and appellate courts. Recent success includes the following matters:
- Friends of the Village of Cinderberry v. Circle J Developers Inc., LLC – We represented a homeowners’ group in a case which resulted in stopping a developer from wrongfully depriving the homeowners of control over community associations.
- Haley v. Talcott – Our client sought to dissolve a real estate Limited Liability Company on the grounds that he had the right to exercise his right to judicial dissolution of the 50/50 entity in deadlock notwithstanding a governing document dealing with withdrawal.
- Cove on Herring Creek v. Riggs – Our client was successful in enforcing a restriction against out-buildings notwithstanding the fact that a previous Board relaxed the restrictions against out-buildings. Our client was also awarded attorneys’ fees.
- Riedinger v. Board of Adjustment, Del Superior 9-29-10 – The court vacated a decision denying our clients’ application for a variance based upon legal error and the arbitrary and capricious action by the administrative agency.
- Martin v. Turner – This case was a unique Delaware property rights dispute where the Court drew boundary lines extending into accreted property, thus preserving the location of our clients private dock.
- Delmarva Power & Light – We successfully represented our client in its conditional use application which sought permission to construct a 230kV/69kV substation.
- VFW Post No. 2931 – We represented the Georgetown-Ellendale VFW in its conditional use application which sought expansion of its existing facilities.
- LT Associates– We represented civic organizations who opposed a large box commercial change of zone application since the request did not constitute smart growth in the area.
Sergovic, Carmean & Weidman strives to accommodate the needs of our clients. As a result, we provide handicap parking spaces, as well as a handicap accessible ramp and restroom for our disabled and elderly clients to ensure their comfort and convenience.
Contact Us to Discuss Rate Information
We welcome the opportunity to talk with you about your legal needs. Call or e-mail us to schedule a consultation. Our attorneys and staff are prompt, professional, courteous and accommodating. If you have been a client, please send us your feedback regarding your experiences with our firm.*